I am currently on my way to completely hacking the way the LG LX350 adds/stores/deletes: Games, Apps, Ringers, and Screensavers. So far I figured out how to edit many different elements of this "database" of Apps, etc.
Here's a brief summary of what I figured out so far:
- How to add entries in the phones database so that I can add games, and apps. This allows me to pretend the phone installed something.
- How to remove entries and "notify" the phone about that [equivalent to uninstalling]
- How to add ringers and images [and screensavers which is basically interchangable with images to the phone (drawback: I have not completed ringers yet... See below for how to help...)
- How to update the different file pointers for camera images [basically], voice memos, ringers[limited] , and screensavers.
- How to store (better said, "install") the apps/games in different sections
- I also have much more knowledge about the "memo" database system.
BUT there's still a long way to go!
However, there is some help that I need from you:
1. I don't have any Ringers installed on my phone. I need some information, such as the type of ringer the LX350 accepts. [e.g. mp3,m4a,qcp,wav...?] I also need people to send me some info from their phones so that I can figure out the ringer part of it. [I have apps, and screensavers cause they came along with the phone]. All I need are two files from your phone. Here's how to help out:
Load up BitPim and view the filesystem. Go to the folder brew/shared/ams/db Over there you will see a number of files. Save the files "contentinfo" and "executioninfo", and send them to me. [Whoops forgot 'bout the email. Will post one soon...] I will then analize how different ringer formats are stored, etc.
It would also be helpful if you have images as well. Please Note: by sending me this file I will have absolutely no access to the actual content. The file only contains a database which your phone uses to organize all the data. There is no need to be concerned about privacy [or piracy] issues.
2. Please comment this post to show your support for a program to Add games,apps,etc. to your LX350. Most of the feedback I have gotten so far revolved around "The LX350 has been discontinued". It seems to me that not that many people have this phone, so I keep thinking why bother? I need to see if there really is a "market" for this phone.
On the way to finally crackin' this phone... Wish me Luck!